Being a guest on a Microsoft Teams team another organization
You can use Microsoft Teams to work on a project with people inside and outside Dalarna University. If another organization invites you, you'll receive an email invitation and you'll be added as a guest on the other organization's team.
How do I join the team?
When you receive a Microsoft Teams invitation to join a team, there are a few things you need to do to accept the invitation.
Important! If you don't know if you don't know if you don't recognize the person who invited you or don't know what the team's purpose is, click on the link.
- Open the email invitation and select Open Microsoft Teams. If you don't see the invitation, look in the spam folder.
- Click the link/button "Open Microsoft Teams"
- Review the permissions. It is important that you check that the organization that has invited you is genuine (in this example "Dalarna Test University") and if this is correct, click Accept
- The site is now trying to open the Microsoft Teams app. Click Open. (you can, if you wish, also tick "Always allow teams.microsoft.com to open this tupe of links in the associated app")
- Now you can collaborate on your new Team's team members.
- To switch back to your company's team, select the team from the Organization drop-down list. (top right)
Sometimes it can take up to 24 hours for you to see the new team. If it doesn't work right away, you'll have to wait and try again a little later.
NB! Never create a new Microsoft account with your @du.se address, as this can lead to severe problems with your @du.se account